Do you have a passion for helping people? Join the American Red Cross AmeriCorps team this year as it serves Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties! We are looking for highly energized and passionate individuals who are prepared to work full-time (including some nights and weekends) to serve the mission of the American Red Cross. Day-to-day work and service includes helping our community prepare for disasters, responding to local and national disasters, recovery support and supporting our youth preparedness programs. AmeriCorps members also help build the Red Cross’s capacity by supporting our Youth Volunteer groups, recruiting and training new volunteers, and leading specialized volunteer teams across all lines of service.
- Invaluable experience from a nationally and internationally-respected organization for school, a future job or new career.
- All Red Cross and Emergency Management training provided
- Living stipend paid bi-weekly ($17,500 per 10.5 month term)
$5,815.00 Federal Education Award that can be applied to qualified student loans and future tuition
- Basic Health Insurance for AmeriCorps member
- Subsidized childcare (if applicable)
- Student loan forbearance (on qualifying loans) during the term of service
- Successfully serve in the position for minimum 1700 hours for the term (10.5 months)
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Must be 18 years of age at the start date of service
- Have a valid Driver’s License & clean driving record
- Pass required criminal history background checks
- Members should also be comfortable working with a wide variety of people from all walks of life and backgrounds, and respect the American Red Cross fundamental principles.TO APPLY:
Please submit resume to Amy Estey at Estey@redcross.org or call 714-481-5337.
PLEASE NOTE: AmeriCorps team position offers are contingent upon AmeriCorps funding notification.