In anticipation of the upcoming winter storm, officials with the Orange County Emergency Operations Center have issued voluntary evacuation orders for residents in Silverado Canyon.
The American Red Cross serving Orange County has opened care and reception center at the Silverado Community Center at 27641 Silverado Canyon.
Persons with disabilities and/or functional needs requiring assistance in evacuating should call the Orange County Sheriff’s Department at (714) 647-7000.
Service and assistance animals for individuals with disabilities are welcome in our shelters. Service and assistance animals are not considered pets and they may stay with their owner in Red Cross shelters. Shelter workers will do all they can to accommodate these animals comfortably.
The Red Cross urges everyone to follow any evacuation orders and Be Red Cross Ready — build a kit, make a plan and be informed.
- Full information about what to include in your emergency kit is available at redcross.org/get-help/prepare-for-emergencies
- Pack your kit in an easy-to-handle container and include the following:
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Battery-powered radio to stay informed and cell phone with charger
- First aid kit
- Medications – a 7-day supply – and any medical items needed
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items like a toothbrush, soap and shampoo
- Copies of important papers such as deed/lease to your home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies, proof of address, medication list
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- A map of the area
- Extra clothing
- Pillows and blankets