In response to the #PilotFire burning in the San Bernardino National Forest, our disaster workers have opened shelters at Rim of the World High School, located at 27400 Hwy 18, Lake Arrowhead, Calif., 92352 and Oak Hills High School, located at 7625 Cataba Rd., Hesperia, Calif. 92344.
The Red Cross shelters provide for the immediate needs of those affected by the fire. Services include a safe and clean place to stay, food, hydration, and emotional support and health services. The shelters will remain open for as long as there is a need.
Large and small animal shelter operations have been moved to Victorville Fairgrounds, 14800 Seventh St., Victorville, Calif. 92395. The Salvation Army office at 14585 La Paz in Victorville will accept household items and clothing donations for those affected by the wildfire.
The local American Red Cross is dedicated to assisting those affected by disasters. We are working closely with local emergency management and our partners to coordinate continued relief efforts.
Tips – Wildfire
Responding During a Wildfire
- Listen to local radio and television stations for updated emergency information.
Check emergency kit and replenish any items missing or in short supply. Keep it nearby.
- Be prepared to evacuate at a moment’s notice. You don’t have to wait for an official evacuation order. If you feel threatened, be sure that you leave with time to spare.
- Confine all pets to one room so you can quickly and easily take them and go if you need to evacuate.
- Back your car into the driveway for a safer and more efficient way out. Park in an open space facing the direction of escape.
- Keep indoor air clean by closing windows and doors to prevent outside smoke from getting in.
- Visit redcross.org or download the free Red Cross Emergency App for more preparedness tips and safety checklists, localizable alerts, Shelter Locator and more.
- Follow @ieRedCross on Twitter for the latest updates on our disaster relief efforts, shelter information, and more